Donations in any dollar amount help us get one step closer to making the library accessible to all. With your generous support, we’ve raised $11,000 of our $150,000 Goal so far!!!
The planned renovations will allow us to meet the American Disability Act (ADA) standards, while preserving the historic qualities of the 113 year old building. The plans have been approved by the New York State Historic Preservation Office. The renovations will include:
• Historically compatible exterior ramp to the Main Floor
• Elevator to the lower level for community programs, meetings, and workshops
• Added square footage on the Main Level and Lower Level
• Re-locate circulation desk to allow for easier access for wheelchair and strollers
• Renovated restroom for accessibility and added baby changing station
• Emergency Exit from the Lower Level
While we’ve worked to secure substantial grants, we need your help to raise the remaining funds to Ramp Up the Evarts! Please help support our Library project through our capital fundraising campaign.